A delicious spin on the common chai tea. Courtesy of Lee Holmes from Super Charged Food.
You will need:
- 3 Cardamom Pods
- 1 star anise
- 4 cloves
- 500ml of almond milk (I used oat milk and it worked fine)
- 5 drops of liquid stevia (I used a sprinkle of Natvia)
- 2 Dandelion tea bags
- 5cm knob of fresh ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 1. Crush the cardamom, star anise and cloves with the back of a spoon. Place in a saucepan with the milk and stevia/natvia. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2. Remove saucepan from heat and add the tea bags, ginger and cinnamon. Stir gently and let steep for 3 minutes. Strain and allow to cool slightly.
- You can froth it if you would like it latte style.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.